Sunday, January 24, 2010

October

So, it's now January and has been officially forever since I last posted an update on my blog. I need to get with it a bit. Things always seem crazy. I'll get things up to date, I promise. Here is our October. We had a bunch of fun.


General Conference was a lot of fun. We had a bunch of family over and we watched and played and ate.
Here are Evie and Emily and Chase with his books in a rocking chair.

Treyton and Morgan are cuddled up on the couch.

Chase, Luke and Keegan are busy frosting cookies.
Everyone sitting down to watch.

Here is silly little Chase, I don't know if you can tell, but he has a bandaid on his nose and he is just being silly after school one day.



The boys had some friends over to frost sugar cookies. Morgan and Max were visiting also for spud harvest. They helped the boys make a scarecrow. It was fun to have them here.



For Pre-school Trey went to the local fire department and got to learn about firemen and the firetruck.  The kids were able to shoot water from the fire hose and climb into the truck. Trey loves the fireman hat they were given and wears it all the time.

Another pre-school trip Trey had was going to the pumkin patch.  They were able to ride on a hay wagon and pick out their very own pumkin.

Keegan at the pumpkin patch with Trey's pre-school group.
My mom came up this month and helped me make some tomato soup and can it. We had a lot of fun, but a bit of drama too. The kids were playing with a piece of the victorio strainer and lost a piece. We looked for it all day and couldn't find the thing. We borrowed the piece so we could finish, but after my mom left I found the piece behind the couch. We looked there like a million times, but not good enough I guess.

For the Halloween Carnival at the Elementary there was a pie making contest.  I made an Apple Pie, I almost missed out on the judging. I arrived just in time. They were judging when I got there.  Crazily enough, I won! It was pretty exciting. I won a cookware set.

Chase was able to take a fieldtrip with his kindergarten class to the corn maze.  I was glad I got to go. It was fun! The kids went through the maze and then they were able to pick out a pumpkin. They also were able to feed some goats.
Here is Chase in one of the little straw mazes they had set up for the kids.

Keegan is dressed up in Chases costume as spiderman on a bike. He's pretty cute.

Trey and Keegan at the homecoming parade in Adrian.  They watched the floats and got some candy. The parade was short and sweet and the kids loved it.

After the parade we went up to the high school where they had the homecoming pep assembly.  All the grades were able to participate.  Chase is wearing the orange shirt and doing his cheer.

Trey's pre-school class dressed up for Halloween. They sang us their songs and showed up their costumes.  Trey is the little cowboy on the bottom row.

Chase at the Halloween parade at school. He is dressed as spiderman.

Grandma Larsen was here for the Halloween party at Chase's school. Here she is with Trey. We're in the cafeteria for the party.

The boys digging out the seeds inside the pumpkin for our dinner in a pumpkin night.  They also drew a scary face on it.
The corn field in back of our house.  The blue pipe you can see is one of the boys favorite toys. They love playing in it.

Decorating the scary halloween house.  The boys decorated it about three times during October.  For halloween the Jeppson's came to visit us and Justing is here helping Chase and Keegan in the picture.

Here are the boys making a snowman pumpking. So I guess it is a pumpkin man.

During the afternoon I take the boys into Homedale and we go trick-or-treating to all of the local businesses. At the moment Trey was not very happy, but he is my Cowboy, Chase is spiderman and Keegan is the little mouse.
Here they are again, walking down the way, getting some candy.

At the church we have a chili feed and then everyone goes trunk-or-treating. It is a very fun tradition. The kids stock up on candy and have a full bag in less than five minutes. Whew!

Here is Rhonda and Preston. They were able to come for Halloween this year and that was a lot of fun. He was a little superman.  After the trunk-or-treat we went around to some people around that we knew. It was a long trick-or-treating day. It started when we left the house at 2:45 p.m. and ended at 9:30 or so when we got back home.

2 comments:

tadbaker said...

I have been waiting for a new post yahoo! Your boys are so cute and growing up so quickly. It seems like one starts to hit school and then it just takes off from their.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again!