Sunday, July 5, 2009

June

June was a fun month and it went by SUPER fast! It seems like that sure does happen when you are out having fun. I really try to make things fun for the kids.

Out in our yard Chase found this moth. It was huge! I tried to take a picture, but it didn't look that big until I had Chase stick his hand next to it so that you can really tell how big it is.
I just thought that this was a pretty cute picture of the boys! They really like to be outside together.

My three little men curled up on the couch watching Curious George in the morning. It seems like that is about the first thing they do in the morning. Wake up and watch Curious George.

We had Mike and Mary Jane Griffin and their kids over for a little hot dog roast and smores. It was a lot of fun.

Chase eating his smore! YUM!!

Here's Chase & Trey playing with their cousins, Luke, Riley and Tori.

We were able to take a trip over to the Oregon Coast. We went to Corvalis and stayed with Roxi and Johnathan. It sure was a lot of fun. Robin and her kids and Annette & Garold all came. This is a picture of Maltnomah falls on our way home.


This was a fun little Salt Water Taffy place in Depoe, OR. Sterling and I stopped here and got some taffy on our honeymoon, so we had to go back and take the kids there when we saw it.

Sterling, Trey & Keegan at the beach. Joshua is off to the right.

Me (Lisa) & Chase touching something in the water. It grabbed my finger and I didn't like it too much.

This was looking down the stairs of light house in Newport, OR. It's the tallest lighthouse in Oregon. We took Chase up. I was holding his hand and we were walking up and then all of a sudden I got really scared. It was seriously crazy and out of no where. I had to hold on tight to the railing and walk really slow. At the top we got these little pins that said "I survived the climb" It wasn't bad going down. I don't know why I got so scared, but I really did.

Here we are, the Johnston Fam in front of the light house in Newport, Oregon.

Roxi and Johnathan live right near a river there in Corvallis. We all went down and played in the river. The guys and three of the boys floated the river with their life jackets on. They said it was pretty cold.

They had the funnest little park there, it was right by a school, so the school kids I'm sure played here at recess, which would be so fun. The kids loved it.

I just thought this was a really cool picture of a field of Christmas trees. There sure were a lot of them around. Roxi and Johnathan have one in their backyard as well.

Cute little Keegan, sitting in a tree.

The cousins, taking a break.

Keegan and Grandpa. We went on this really pretty walk. Everything was so green and it was just really nice.

The boys with their cotton candy at Strawberry Daze in Adrian.

Keegan, going fishing. Tori is behind him.

Trey going fishing with Riley behind him.

We were a little afraid of termites in some wood we stuck around our house, so we decided we better get rid of it, so the kids were helping us out. Chase and his cousins, Tori and Tannor.

There was a really bad storm here that had some flash flooding. It took out some of our corn and made a big mess. The field is supposed to be green above, but it sure is not.

In this picture you can see where the water and mud flowed down the mountain side.

Where the tractor is, all along there is supposed to be a cement ditch. It is completely filled with mud. It was such a mess.

If you look at this picture you can see a crack in the windshield, well this was from Trey. I don't know why, but he was sitting in the car while we were talking and he banged his head on the glass a couple times and all of a sudden the window cracked. He sure is a hard headed kid. :)

Here is Keegan with baby cousin Evie.
My sis Laura went to Australie and brought us back a fun treat to try. She brought us back some Kagaroo and Crocodile Jerky. I was a little nervous, mostly for the crocodile because it was white and looked different. But I was brave and tried both. Now I can say I've eaten Kangaroo and Crocodile.
I just thought this was cute of Trey. He was just sitting in this tire, not doing anything, just sitting there being cute. I just had to snap a picture of the little man.
There was a carnival in Homedale that we had to bring the kids too, but then I realized that the tickets were overly ridiculous. I only let them choose one ride to go on and it cost $6 for them. Laura went with Chase and cousin Elena went with Trey.

They were excited to go at first, but as you can see in the picture, it didn't seem like they liked it very much. Expecially poor little Trey. They were sure sad when they had to leave after only one ride though.
Aunt Laura came up and took me and the boys to the zoo in Boise. It was a lot of fun. We really liked it.

Here are me and the boys in front of the African Plains Exhibit.

The boys sitting by a replica of a grainery in Africa.

Elena came to visit us for a bit, which was a lot of fun. The boys love her to pieces. Here are Chase and Elena having a Strawberry picnic out in the back yard.

2 comments:

Danielle Walker said...

I love all your pictures. I can't wait to hear the stories. You and your family look so cute and I love the places you visit and scenery.

http://www.seguros-baratos.com.ar said...

Hi, I've been reading and enjoying your posts for some time now. I enjoy your spin on the topics. I'm finally going to bookmark your website so I can keep returning to it. I continuously happen upon it and keep thinking it's spectacular but never saving it. See you next time! Keep posting us with these great essays!