Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Larsen's House

In July we had a fun trip to Grandma and Grandpa Larsen's house. The first night we were all there together was a bit stressful though. Keegan started to feel hot. He wasn't feeling well. I gave him some tylenol and was just trying to make him comfy when he threw up all over me. I put him in the tub and cleaned him up fast. Poor little guy was shivering like crazy. We bundled him up and handed him to my dad where he fell asleep. Not long after he had a seisure. My dad came running and told me to get in the car we're going to the hospital. Keegan stopped breathing on the way which scared me really bad. I also drove to the old hospital in Tremonton, I forgot they had a new one. Anyway, after a long evening of poking and prodding the poor little boy, he was able to go home. Everything was ok and by the next night he was pretty much back to normal. Whew, why does everything go wrong when you're on vacation. He ended up having an ear infection, that is why he had the fever in the first place. Poor little man.

Keegan at the hospital with all the stuff all over him. He was a pretty sad little guy.
Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows with Grandma Larsen and Aunt Laura.
Eating in the back yard with Laura. The boys also got to sleep in a tent with Laura too. They had tons of fun.

Me, Laura and Jen at the Premier of the New Harry Potter 6 show. We were pretty lucky. We were able to see it at 9:00 P.M. and the show didn't really come out until Midnight. In the theater they handed us all out water and they were passing out all kinds of prizes. It was crazy, but great! I really enjoyed the show, I thought it had some fun humor in it. Of course it was sad at the end, but good.

So, before we went to the movies I made my sister take me to the Ikea store there in Utah. I loved the place. I'm such a nerd because I think it would be awesome to take Sterling there on a date. We could eat and look at furniture. I wish we had one in Boise.
This is Laura's place. Her bedroom is the window right there on the bottom floor. It's a pretty nice little place they have there.

Before going back up to Tremonton from Draper we went up and Laura showed me the new temple there. It was really neat because from up there we could see the Oaker Mountain Temple and the Jordan River temple. What a beautiful view.

The Jordan River Temple

Me in front of the Draper Temple. It was very beautiful up there.

We went shopping one day in Logan, and then on to play at the park. Here's Laura with her popcorn chicken.

Keegan and Grandma Larsen going down the slide at the park.

While at the park the ice cream truck came by. Since we live way out in the country we don't get ice cream trucks coming by, so I had to run Chase over and grab an ice cream for all the boys. Chase chose to get them all spiderman ice cream. They loved it!

Across the street from the park was a little zoo. It was about 50 cents to go in and there were a lot of fun things to see.

The boys did sparklers one night. It really took us some time to even get them to hold the sparklers. They were pretty afraid of them, but then they got used to the idea and liked it.

I just quite enjoyed this picture. The boys fell asleep one afternoon and they ended up in a pretty uncomfortable looking position. It's amazing how kids can sleep through almost anything sometimes, but then when you want them to sleep it's impossible.

One evening we played ball with Grandpa and Grandma. Keegan thought it was pretty fun to try to hit the ball.

Here is Trey playing catch with Grandpa. They had to throw it to Keegan a little too. He didn't want to be left out of anything.

We also had a car washing party that was great fun. The kids loved it and wanted to help out a bundle. We had two shiny looking new cars after it all. Wow!

Since we don't have a driveway or sidewalk, we thought that this would be a great time to teach chase how to ride his bike. I was actually really suprised at how fast he caught on. It took less than an hour I'm sure. We had just never tried before, I think he could have been riding his bike for a long time.

Here is chase riding his bike for the first time, wahooo.

I just thought this was a cute picture of Grandpa reading the boys a story.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

Yikes - what's going on with your boy in the top picture? Is everything OK?

-Alex